Insect Barrier Door
If you haven’t already heard about us, we are Industrial Door Systems, and we’re proud to be the leading door and dock solutions provider for the entire Houston area and beyond. With our extensive range of professional door and dock solutions, we have been proudly serving hundreds of customers for the past twenty years, and have honed our skills and knowledge base to become the premier commercial and industrial installation, repair and maintenance service in Houston, TX.
Having been successful in our locality for the past twenty years and counting, we continue to offer our valued customers unbeatable loyalty and service, and we know that once you’ve worked with us, you’ll never go anywhere else for your reliable door systems, and that’s just the way we like it!
Over the years, our customers have come to rely on us for consistently competitive prices coupled with high quality products and an impeccable, first-rate service, and we believe that it’s this winning combination that has kept us at the forefront of the industry for so long. Below is just a small selection of the products we offer; for our full and comprehensive range, please browse our website or call our friendly team to find out if we have a door and dock solution to match your needs (you can be certain that we do!):
Our range of insect barrier doors are a popular choice among many of our customers, and below we look at them in a little more detail:
What is an insect barrier door?
The single most effective method for keeping any facility, large or small, free from bugs while helping to increase airflow, an insect barrier door provides you with a breathable barrier between the outside and inside. Employees can benefit from the air being circulated, while not having to battle with mosquitoes or flies, which can also create a health and safety concern depending upon the goods being stored or worked on within.
Could your business benefit from insect barrier doors?
Insect barrier doors are so much more than just a convenient way to prevent unwanted bugs from entering your facility, they also help to boost employee morale by providing them with a more comfortable working environment.
In many areas of the country, employees leave doors open when the weather is fine, which is understandable and often encouraged, but it almost always leads to a problem with insects and even birds entering the premises, which can not only irritate employees, but present a health and safety hazard for your business, too.
So, if you would like your employees to continue to have access to fresh air and daylight while they work, but want to prevent insects, birds and even rodents from entering the building, an insect door would definitely prove advantageous.
Our insect barrier doors
In response to the above-mentioned concerns, Industrial Door Systems have created a range of insect barrier doors that allow air to flow into the building while harmful elements are blocked out. Offering fantastic shade, our screen doors reduce radiant heat – which benefits your employees and the goods stored inside – and are ideal for use in a variety of applications.
With three styles of insect barrier doors, the right one for you will depend upon the facility in which they will be used, and if you’re not sure, you can simply call up a member of our friendly team and they’ll talk you through your options:
- Powered roll-up - Typically used on ground level doorways handling powered vehicles like forklifts and carts, these particular doors can open swiftly to minimize the exposure of the doorway and enable the smoother and faster passage of traffic.
- Spring assisted roll-up - Similar to large window shades, these have a spring assisted rolling mechanism that works by pulling on the bottom of the door; pull it down and it stays shut. These doors are also able to stop at certain points along the track, and are typically used on dock doors. If the weather is fine, the solid door panel can be kept up, and generally speaking, the less the door is used, the less maintenance the tension springs will require. When a truck pulls away from the dock, the screen door can then be lowered into position.
- Manual slide - This style of insect barrier door slides open and is perfect for use in pedestrian traffic doorways. Guided by a solid leading edge, the door compresses into a solid bundle.
For the ultimate in doorway protection, our insect barrier doors offer the following basic features:
- Heavy-duty mesh curtains that resist tear, rot, mildew and are UV resistant.
- Double stitched curtain seams to prevent separation during everyday usage.
- Even tiny insects should not be able to pass through any openings in the scrim
- Including a double baffle under the valance and a sweep gasket along the bottom of the door, our insect barrier doors afford a tight seal around the full perimeter. On our roll-up styles, the guide track encloses the rollers.
- Heavy-duty tension springs give a smooth opening motion, and on our powered roll-up doors, garage roller-style wheels are part of the door support system, to help drive frictional load.
- Curtain stiffeners that are stiff and unbreakable are provided on roll-up style doors to prevent the curtain from coming out of the guides during high winds.
- Our powered roll-up insect barrier doors have a break-away feature to help prevent the curtain from tearing if it’s struck by a vehicle.
To know more about our insect barrier doors, do browse our online catalog for full details, or give our team a call, today.
Our values and work ethics
Our values and work ethics are extremely important to us, and our aim is to always provide our customers with an outstanding, unbeatable service that they can rely upon. It doesnt matter the size of the task, how urgently its required or how complex the requirement may be, we are here for you whenever you need us, and can help you whatever your needs may be.
You won’t find a more qualified and experienced team of door experts in Texas, than right here at Industrial Door Systems. Made up of technical engineers and surveyors, each with years of experience and many qualifications to their names, our team is specially trained to provide customers with quality installations and full maintenance services. Dedicated to customer satisfaction at all times, no matter how big or small the job, they offer an efficient service that offers unbeatable rates and unmatchable professionalism.
With our range of customizable, bespoke services, nobody understands doors and door solutions better than us, and we are totally committed to providing small and large businesses in Houston and beyond, with secure and reliable door systems that will guarantee the safety of goods and lives at all times. Striving to continually improve our standards and learn new skills that we know will benefit our customers, we will carry on providing the people of Texas with high-quality, affordable solutions for a range of commercial and industrial needs.
So, now that you’ve read that we’re the best, why not try us out for yourself and see if we meet our own, and your exacting standards! For all your door needs, including our insect barrier doors, give us a go and we promise we won’t let you down.
Give us a Call now Phone: (832)736-7699 We are available 24/7 365 days day or night.