- Door Longevity: Offers the most consistent method of operation, and as such, maximizes door longevity.
- Ease of Use: Can link to one-touch, or even no touch, opening triggers such as a push button station or a loop detector.
- Safety: Accommodates entrapment devices such as photo eyes and sensing edges.
- Remote Activation: Can be integrated into master building controls to operate doors remotely.
- Durable: Can be designed to withstand weather, chemicals, or even explosions.
Motor operation is the most effective and consistent method of opening larger, higher cycle doors and offers the following benefits:
Motor operation does require power to the opening and enough clearance to mount the motor.
In the event of a power outage, auxiliary operators can be used (push up or chain, depending on door size and configuration).
You often see motor operators in parking garages, distribution facilities, paint booths, and car washes.